Making Space for Mentoring
- funded by Service Canada and a Collaborative Research grant from the Ministry of Education
- includes a survey of adults and youth both with and without mentoring experience
- an intergenerational team is designing resources to support mentors and encourage more adults in the community to engage with youth by becoming involved in Connecting Generations and the School District Apprenticeship programs
- resources to be posted on this website include testimonials and ‘photos of community mentors, videos of “success stories”, links to useful sites, reviews of books and articles and the results of surveys of adults and youth with and without mentorship experience.
- the intergenerational team is creating a mentorship game designed to help youth and adults engage in conversations about “things that matter”